We are looking for a Transport & Despatch Co-ordinator who is responsible for the distribution process of the business. This includes despatch and load planning, driver management, vehicle management, and all aspects of IT system control in relation to Despatch & Distribution, ensuring that the needs of our customers are met at all times. The job holder is also responsible for strategic planning and budgeting for the distribution function.
Sound like you? Find out more…
- Developing and planning daily vehicle loads to optimise efficiency and costs, whilst meeting customer expectations.
- Responsible for obtaining quotes and booking sub contract transport as required.
- Utilising load plans to produce daily pick lists for Warehouse staff.
- Ensuring company fleet vehicles are checked, maintained and serviced to high standards at all times.
- Responsibility for booking and managing vehicle inspections and checks.
- Monitor and implement relevant driver training and updates.
- Enforcing company rules, procedures and disciplines.
- Maintain ‘Best in Class’ housekeeping standards for vehicles.
- Manage ‘day to day’ HR issues for driver team, such as absence management.
- Ensure company and legislative H&S standards & procedures are maintained at all times.
- Communicate / report relevant information and data to senior management in a timely manner.
- Site security responsibilities, including Keyholder responsibilities.
- To have had hands-on experience of distribution in a manufacturing business.
- A track-record of proven transport planning experience (ideally 3 years +).
- A good business sense – numerate, IT literate and commercially aware. Good working knowledge of MS Office.
- Ability to engender good working relationships with customers, suppliers and colleagues. Co-operative and professional.
- Self-motivation and determination.
- Clear communication skills at all levels, both written and verbal.
- Strong organisational and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritise their own work load. A reliable, dependable self-starter.
- Attention to detail – accurate and methodical in work, and will see the job through.
- Calm, reliable, trustworthy, unflappable.
- A full clean driving licence.
KPIs / Measures
- OTIF Deliveries.
- Vehicle Maintenance Records.
- Driver Training Records.
- Audit Reports.
Please apply by e-mail with your full CV and a covering letter (including current salary) to Carol at [email protected]
No agencies please.
Thank you for all of the applications – this role has now been filled.