We have cultivated a team who are always seeking to push boundaries and create amazing products.
Now we are searching for:
- Maintenance Engineer – Position Filled
Sound like you? Find out more…
Job title: Maintenance Engineer – Position Filled
Reporting to: Operations Director
Working hours: 40 hours per week (days with the flexibility to cover repairs when necessary)
Salary: Up to £45,000 – £50,000 DOE
Holidays: 28 days (incl. public holidays) + your birthday and Christmas shutdown period.
Westbury Packaging are a leading independently owned manufacturer of corrugated packaging based in Melksham, Wiltshire. We’ve been supplying our customers for almost 40 years, and we continue to develop our plant, people, and systems to ensure we are at the forefront of our industry. Employing more than 50 people from our site, occupying a manufacturing, storage, and design site of over 65,000 square feet on Bowerhill, our commitment to quality and to developing our team has never been stronger. We would love to welcome like-minded people to our organisation as we look to continue our growth and opportunities.
The Maintenance Engineer is responsible for scheduled preventative maintenance and unscheduled repairs on all mechanical and electrical systems, equipment, and machinery; this includes reviewing maintenance schedules and adjusting them as necessary so that systems function at peak levels, ensuring that the needs of our customers are met at all times. As this is a newly created role, there is the real opportunity for the right person to set up a great operation.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Implement and sustain maintenance schedules and procedures for all equipment.
- Maintenance and installation of all electrical control equipment when needed.
- Undertake electrical and mechanical PPM.
- Contribute to the development of mechanical and electrical engineering processes, good engineering practice and robust procedures to improve machinery performance.
- Management of machine spare parts.
- Always ensure compliance with appropriate regulations.
- Follow all company procedures, including all company health and safety requirements.
- Responsible for mentoring and training a Maintenance apprentice.
- Experience working within the UK manufacturing industry.
- Ideally also experienced within the corrugated packaging industry too.
- Relevant qualifications in maintenance, mechanical, electrical, or similar engineering disciplines (ideally to HND or Degree level for Electrical &/or Mechanical Engineering).
- A track-record of proven experience (ideally 5 years +).
- The ability to engender good working relationships.
- Co-operative and professional.
- Self-motivation and determination.
- Strong organisational and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritise their own workload.
- A reliable and dependable self-starter.
- Attention to detail. Calm, reliable, trustworthy, unflappable.
- A full clean driving licence.
No agencies please.