We are looking for a Machine Setter / Operator, who is responsible for setting and operating corrugated packaging machinery.
Sound like you? Find out more…
- Working as part of the manufacturing team, initially in training as necessary, to set, operate and monitor high specification production machinery in a fast-paced factory environment.
- Working with, and operating, machinery and processing equipment to required quality procedures, ensuring production schedules and customer expectations are met at all times.
- Complying with Company Health and Safety rules and procedures to ensure that all activities are carried out in a safe manner.
- Maintaining plant and equipment in good order and report any defects for corrective action.
- Following systems and standard operating procedures to ensure a high standard of housekeeping, hygiene and cleanliness on the shop floor.
- Completing all relevant process documentation.
- Looking at process improvements to operate more efficiently to increase productivity and reduce waste.
- Assist in training and development of colleagues on machines.
- Ideal candidates will have previous machine setting and operating experience in the corrugated packaging industry with one or more of the following specific skills:
- Flexographic printing
- Die cutting (either flatbed or rotary)
- Multi point gluing
- Experience of automated technology and a technical / engineering background would be a distinct advantage.
- Highly motivated with excellent time management, be willing to train, and be physically fit (as the position involves some manual handling).
- Able to work independently as necessary, and to prioritise tasks in a fast moving environment.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal with a good command of the English language.
- Attention to detail – accurate and methodical in work, and will see the job through.
- Calm, reliable, trustworthy, unflappable.
KPIs / Measures:
- Schedule Adherence.
- OTIF delivery performance.
- Production throughput / efficiency – both for individuals and machines.
Please apply by e-mail with your full CV and a covering letter (including current salary) to Carol at [email protected]
No agencies please.