We are looking for a Materials & Production Planner, who is responsible for all Material Planning, Production Planning and Stock Control processes within Operations.
Sound like you? Find out more…
Specific Accountabilities – Materials & Production Planning:
- Develop daily production schedules for Production teams to ensure optimum operational efficiency whilst ensuring Customer expectations are met.
- Manage material flow & deliveries from suppliers, ensuring production plan is met.
- Communicate plans / plan updates with Production teams as required.
- Monitor performance against schedules, reporting on deficiencies, with reasons.
- Liaise with Transport planner to maximise efficiency of Production / Transport plans.
- Ensure Company and legislative H&S standards and procedures are maintained at all times.
- Communicate / report relevant information and data to senior management in a timely manner.
Specific Accountabilities – Stock Control:
- Oversee and improve stock control procedures for all aspect of stock – Raw Materials, WIP and Finished Goods.
- Take daily control of stock replenishment, ensuring that minimum stock levels are maintained for all customers at all time.
- To review stock levels using ABACA software to ensure any change in customer demand is responded to and appropriate new stock levels agreed.
- To keep on-site and off-site stock levels to a minimum, and ensure stock write-offs are at zero value
- To have had hands-on experience of planning and stock control in an FMCG business.
- Ideally experienced to CIPS level and is familiar with a high-level operations and procurement environment.
- A track-record of proven supply chain experience (ideally 3 years +) in a small/medium sized commercial organisation.
- A good business sense – numerate, IT literate and commercially aware. Good working knowledge of MS Office. Experience of ABACA software an advantage but not essential as full training will be given.
- Ability to engender good working relationships with both suppliers and colleagues. Co-operative and professional.
- Willing and able to travel.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Self-motivation and determination.
- Clear communication skills at all levels, both written and verbal.
- Strong organisational and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritise their own work load. A reliable, dependable self-starter.
- Attention to detail – accurate and methodical in work, and will see the job through.
- Calm, reliable, trustworthy, unflappable.
- A full driving licence.
KPIs / Measures:
- Stock Accuracy.
- OTIF delivery performance.
- Production throughput / efficiency reports – both for individuals and machines.
- Adherence to production budgets.
Please apply by e-mail with your full CV and a covering letter (including current salary) to Carol at [email protected]
No agencies please.